Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tanqueray Ten


Gin
Purchase Price: $28
Place of Purchase: Warehouse - New York, NY
Rating: 8.6


We all have a favorite. Favorite car, favorite musician, favorite episode of Saved By the Bell. (Mine's the episode where they were going to go white water rafting and then something silly happened and then a lesson was learned and everybody was happy in the end, just like always.) Gin is always hard for me to review because I usually mix it with tonic and, well, tonic can be pretty overpowering stuff. But this is my favorite and I like it so much I even had some on the rocks once, and it still did the business. The most complex, complete gin on the market with a fruity sweetness that is indeed the result of using hand-picked citrus botanicals. What a great idea! Do yourself a favor and don't confine this to the usual G & T. There's so much going on here, it just begs to be part of a dry martini. And the elegant green bottle will bring class to any liquor cabinet, especially if you've got a bottle of Old Crow lurking around in there, as I suspect you do!

No comments: