Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bacardi 8 Year


Rum
Purchase Price: $19
Place of Purchase: Warehouse - New York, NY
Rating: 8.3


To me, the name Bacardi conjures up plenty of drinking adventures from my youth. Just about every liquor cabinet in the neighborhood had a bottle of their signature white rum, so there was plenty available for the taking by us “little ones.” We’d mix it with whatever was at hand--Coke, Frosty root beer, Mello Yello, Lawson’s “Big O” orange juice and maybe even Funny Face Goofy Grape for all I know. Now that I’m all grown up and drink rum by itself on the rocks, my tastes have turned towards darker rums, relegating the clear and carefree rum of my youth to the dim halls of history. But I needn’t part ways completely with Bacardi’s trademark bat just yet. Their eight-year aged rum is a real winner, smooth as a sealskin bathmat and priced to please. Can’t go wrong with this one.

No comments: