Friday, April 25, 2008

Hankey Bannister


Blended Scotch
Purchase Price: $12
Place of Purchase: The Bottle Shop - Catskill, NY
Rating: 7.5


I found this on a dusty shelf in Catskill, NY (where a young and feral Mike Tyson used to train!) for something like $12. I had never heard of it, but as always, I wanted to try something different and 12 dollars wasn't exactly the down payment on a house. It turned out to be what I expected, not quite as bad as accidentally drinking the contents of a Sterno can, but nothing you'd want to serve your rich neighbors if they dropped by to have a chat about gardening and golf handicaps. “They” (meaning Wikipedia) say that this was Winston Churchill’s favorite Scotch. I don’t know, it somehow doesn’t seem worthy of that great statesman. But what am I gonna do, argue with him about it?

No comments: