Monday, May 5, 2008

Powers Gold Label


Irish Whiskey
Purchase Price: $21
Place of Purchase: Warehouse - New York, NY
Rating: 8.5


In America, Powers is kind of a "cult" whiskey--I’m always hearing about how it's the biggest selling Irish whiskey in Ireland, but really, why should I care about that or what the best-selling French wine is in France or what the most popular Russian vodka is in Russia? What I need to know is if what's in the glass in front of me is any good. And the answer to that is that Powers comes through with flying colors every time. Every bottle of this I buy lasts about two weeks--I can't keep away from it. Powers is as soft and sweet-tempered as that “thing” that appears in the Snuggle fabric softener ads and every bit as appealing to lonely housewives. It is my favorite blended Irish Whiskey and pretty much renders Bushmills and Jameson completely extraneous.

No comments: