Friday, May 30, 2008

Wiser's De Luxe 10 Year


Canadian Whisky
Purchase Price: $13
Place of Purchase: Struthers Beer and Wine - Struthers, OH
Rating: 8.3


When I was visiting Ohio last summer, I ended up buying a bottle of this as a supplement to my nightly drinking forays to various Mahoning County bars. I had never heard of it, but it was inexpensive and a little voice inside my head subtly suggested that it was going to be better than the low price would indicate. For once, my instinct was right! This is a great Canadian whisky and I’ve since learned that Wiser’s is an old and respected brand in Canada. I think their distribution is pretty spotty here in the “Southern 50” so you may have a hard time finding it. But it’s worth hunting down, or at the very least, snatching up a bottle if it and you should ever happen to cross paths. This whisky hearkens back to the days when Canadians ruled the roost. It’s probably the most muscular Canadian out there, full-bodied, full-flavored and fully worthy of a spot on the shelf.

No comments: